Thai Green Greens CurryPrint Recipe
- Sweet Thai green curry
- 3 large green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped (add more if you like it hot)
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- A small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached if possible
- 1 lemongrass stalk chopped
- 1 & 1/2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 tsp Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 small bunch Thai basil
- 2 Handfuls of broccoli
- Handful of green beans
- Handful of mangetout
Add in to the blended the chillies, garlic, lime juice, shallots, ginger, coriander, lemon grass, crushed coriander seeds, crushed cumin seeds, Himalayan salt, Thai basil, coconut milk, and crushed peppercorns. And blend to a smooth sauce.
In a pan or wok add in the coconut oil and soy sauce on medium heat.
When the pan is hot add in the partially cooked broccoli, trimmed green beans and mangetout.
Lightly fry then add the maple syrup. Toss the veg in the syrup before adding the sweet Thai green sauce.
Coat the veg and simmer to thicken for 10 minutes before serving with Thai rice, chopped coriander and a drizzle of coconut cream.