Thai green curryPrint Recipe
- 5 medium green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- A large bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached if possible
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 1 & 1/2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1cm cube fresh turmeric root, or 1tsp of dried if unavailable
- 1/2 cup of soy cream, plant based yoghurt or milk. (note plant based milk will take longer to thicken. Water can be used if you cannot obtain plant milk or cream.)
- Optional - Agave syrup or maple
- 1 block of firm tofu
Chop and deseed the green chillies.
Half the shallots and remove the outer layer of skin. Peel and roughly chop the ginger. Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the lemon grass.
Half the limes, and grate the zest of one lime and squeeze the juice of 1 and a half limes into the blending container.
Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corns into a pestle and mortar and grind into a fine power before adding to the blending container. peel and roughly chop the turmeric root and add to the container.
Add all of the paste ingredients to the blender and blend into a fine paste.
Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a pan and bring up to a medium heat. Drain the firm tofu and cut into large chunks. Once the pan is hot add the tofu to the oil and begin to coat with the paste. Heat for 10 minutes until the paste is thickened. Taste, if the paste is too spicy add some agave syrup and additional plant based cream.
Serve with, rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, Bulgar wheat or salad.
Add roughly chopped coriander on the top with lemon grass and a drizzle of cream and agave.
Squeeze the remaining lime to taste.